Win Eagle Vale Olives Voucher to spend!
Share your recipe on our FB Page
To qualify, your recipe must include Olive Oil and/ or Olives as part of its ingredient.
The post with the most number of likes will stand to receive a $30 spending voucher from Eagle Vale Olives
* your post is subject to approval by page admin, to ensure cleanliness and integrity of our page *
* contest starts from 05.01.18 and ends on 05.02.18 (both dates inclusive) *
Here's our recipe for Week 3, one of our fav from Chef Matt Moran
Be sure to try this delightful recipe and share with your family & friends!
recipe / photo credits : Matt Moran / Jeremy Simons
Baked Lamb Chops, Capsicum, Tomato, Olives and Mint Oil
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
8 lamb chops
1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 red capsicum, cut into 8 strips
1 yellow capsicum, cut into 8 strips
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked, chopped
2 tbs sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
1 tsp sugar
200g cherry truss tomatoes
½ cup (60g) pitted green olives
1 bunch mint, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
2 tbs capers
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, chopped
125ml extra virgin olive oil
- For the mint oil, place all ingredients into a tall jug, season, and blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 1 tbs oil in an ovenproof frypan over high heat. Season lamb chops and cook 2 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chops and set aside.
- Wipe out pan, then heat remaining 1 tbs oil over medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, garlic and rosemary. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly. Season. Add sherry vinegar and sugar, and cook for a further 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Return lamb chops and nestle among the vegetables. Top with tomatoes and olives, and drizzle with oil. Bake 8-10 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
- To serve, drizzle with mint oil and scatter over extra mint leaves.