Have you shared your recipe on our FB page?
Win voucher to spend!
To qualify, your recipe must include Olive Oil and/ or Olives as part of its ingredient.
The post with the most number of likes will stand to receive a $30 spending voucher from Eagle Vale Olives
* your post is subject to approval by page admin, to ensure cleanliness and integrity of our page *
* contest starts from 05.01.18 and ends on 05.02.18 (both dates inclusive) *
Here's our recipe for Week 2, our fav from Anna Gare.
Be sure to try this delicious recipe and share with your friends!
Recipe from – Anna Gare
photo credits : agfg.com
One-Pot Spiced Chicken with Preserved Lemon and Green Olives
80 ml olive oil
1 large chicken, cut into quarters
2 red onions, quartered
4 potatoes, quartered
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground coriander
A few thyme sprigs
3 fresh bay leaves
2 Tbs finely chopped preserved lemon
175 g green olives
3 coriander (cilantro) sprigs, leaves picked and roots finely chopped
125 ml verjuice
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Drizzle half the olive oil over the base of a large heavy-based cast-iron casserole dish. Put the chicken pieces, skin side down, in the dish and brown over medium heat until golden. Turn the chicken pieces over and remove the dish from the heat.
- Poke the onion and potato around and underneath the chicken. Scatter over the spices, thyme, bay leaves, preserved lemon, olives and chopped coriander root.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil, the verjuice and 125 ml of water.
- Cover with baking paper and the lid and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve scattered with the coriander leaves.